Monday, September 10, 2007

Awesome but True Electric Institute's first group show a complete success!

Yeah! I feel like a real artist now. haha. Very broke and forcing others to look at my art. Oh the joys of art.
Yes. Here I am with awesome artist and founder of ABTEI, Sean Christensen. Me looking wonderful as ever with my white bra showing through my shirt. ahaha. Oh well. Those things happen, ya know?



The boy in the middle photo, Robert, is excellent with stencils and spray paint. His piece was the first to sell in the show--and hopefully not the last...


Here is Reading Frenzy at night. Oh, so pretty. Fun fact for all you weird music listeners out there. Reading Frenzy is next door neighbors to the coffee shop Half and Half, the very same coffee shop in the beginning of the music video "See a Penny, Pick it up" by YACHT. Yeah, I notice these things. Yeah, I am a nerd. I am that weird music listener.


Sean gave me a copy of all of his zines for free! MAN. they are super rad and super fun to look at and read. I think my favorite is "Venus in Furs". The images give me warm fuzzy feelings that make my heart feel all alone. That sound terrible but it isn't. It's nice in some weird way.