Thursday, July 12, 2007

Portland, here I come, kinda.


I am trying to plan a trip to Portland for the beginning of September, Sept 6th-8th to be exact. September 6th is the art opening of the Professor Awesome But True's Electric Art Institute. The PABTEI is a newly put together art/illustration collective displaying the works and uniting eclectic artists from all over the globe. The collective is run by Portland native, Sean Christensen and the artwork will be on display at the Reading Frenzy located 0n 921 SW Oak St in Portland, OR.

I was fortunate to have run into Sean online and have him invite me to join this new project. The art shows go as follows, so far the collective has 3 shows planned. They happen every other month. The first show's theme is clothing--illustrating your favorite outfit. Because clothes are often used as a way of describing oneself, how do your clothes represent you?


If you haven't already, I advise you to check out the collective's myspace page. The artists in the collective are the top friends on the page. I also suggest you go check out Sean's blog or his myspace page.